Click on this symbol for help.
1. It is your responsibility to protect your legal rights while your application is pending with LSNV. If you have a court hearing or a deadline to file documents, you should not miss it. Contacting Legal Services of Northern Virginia DOES NOT remove your responsibilities.
2. If your matter is an emergency, please call our toll-free Intake Line at 1-866-534-5243.
3. The information provided should be that of the person seeking help. If you are assisting someone fill out this application, please ensure that you use his/her information.
4. In order for us to assist you, you must meet the following conditions:
a. You must be low-income, disabled or elderly. You will be required to provide your income and asset information.
c. The problem must be in our service area.
d. We cannot help you if we are already helping the person with whom you have the problem.
b. Your legal problem must be a type we handle. We do not handle criminal or traffic offenses.
5. The information collected is used only to decide if you are eligible for our services. Completing this application DOES NOT create an attorney-client privilege or guarantee representation; however, the information we collect will not be shared.
If you do not fit or accept these conditions, we cannot assist you with your case. You should call the Virginia Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-552-7977 for other opportunities for assistance.
I have read the above information and I understand it. I know that I am responsible for taking any necessary steps protecting my legal rights while waiting to see if I qualify for help.